The East Carolina Pirates and the Boston College Eagles play this Monday afternoon at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. The kick-off is set for 2:30 pm.
Here’s what the public information officer wants you to know about Military Bowl activities for today, Friday, Christmas Eve Day, December 24, 2021
WHAT’S ON TAP TODAYBoth teams will practice locally, while East Carolina also will visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture before the teams get ready for Santa Claus to visit.
- 930 to 1130 am: East Carolina practice at St. John’s College High School. 2607 Military Road NW, Washington. Coach Mike Houston, assistant coaches and selected players will be available for brief interviews. Photographers will be permitted to shoot the flex (stretch) and “individual” segments of the early portion of practice.
- 1010 am: Boston College media availability prior to practice. The St. James, 6805 Industrial Road, Springfield, Va. Prior to practice, Coach Jeff Hafley and two players will be available for interviews. Photos and b-roll from practice available by contacting Jason Baum.
- 1 pm: East Carolina visit to the National Museum of African American History and Culture. 1400 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington. Interested media should contact Tom McClellan.
YOUR ACCUWEATHER FORECASTToday in Washington: Warmer, periods of sun. High 54/Low 46. Chance of precipitation 1%. Gameday in Annapolis: Mostly cloudy. High 44/Low 42. Chance of precipitation 86%.
#MILITARY BOWL BIT OF THE DAYThe Military Bowl will be featured Friday throughout WTTG-5’s Fox Morning News and Good Day DC, with several segments featuring the Bowl and its programs/partners. Among those being interviewed are:
- Military Bowl Board of Directors member Rob Taishoff, who is also president of the board of directors at Promise Landing Farm, an equine inclusive facility where the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales are staying leading up to the Military Bowl Parade prior to Monday’s game.
- Military Bowl President & Executive Director Steve Beck.
- Hugh Middleton, who is vice president of operations and development at Patriot Point, the Military Bowl Foundation’s retreat for wounded, ill and injured service members, their families and caregivers.
- Dave Thomas, team leader for the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales.