Here’s a preview of some of what the governor will be talking about from a press release his office issued:
Positivity Rate, Case Rate, Hospitalizations Continue to Decline Across the Board
- Maryland’s COVID-19 positivity rate (3.21%) has declined by 37.1% since Aug. 22.
- Maryland’s COVID-19 case rate per 100K (12.6) has declined by 39.4% since Sept. 15.
- Maryland’s COVID-19 hospitalizations (609) have declined by 27.9% since Sept. 9, and are down 68.8% from their peak.
- The state is reporting a total of five pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations, which represents 0.8% of total COVID-19 hospitalizations statewide.
Official data is available at coronavirus.maryland.gov.
More Than 8.3 Million Vaccinations, Nearly 280,000 Booster Shots Administered
To date, Maryland has reported 8,321,465 vaccinations.
- 98% of Marylanders 65 and older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 85.9% of Marylanders 18 and older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 84.9% of Marylanders 12 and older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Maryland has administered 279,297 booster shots, and state health officials continue to conduct outreach to eligible individuals.
To find a vaccine provider, visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX.