This morning the county AACPS- Covid 19 Dashboard says currently 1,796 students and 82 staff are quarantining and there are 229 active student cases and 56 staff. ( Click here to bookmark the Covid19 Dashboard)
Anne Arundel County Public Schools and the Anne Arundel Department of Health are again teaming up to offer another round of COVID-19 Pfizer vaccination clinics for children ages 5 to 11 at four elementary schools beginning next week.
The clinics, which will run from 5 to 7:30 p.m., are first-dose clinics. Families of children who previously received their first dose have already been provided information for second-dose clinics.
Sites and dates for the upcoming round of clinics are as follows:
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Severn Elementary School, 838 Reece Road, Severn
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Mills-Parole Elementary School, 1 George & Marion Phelps Lane, Annapolis
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021
- Point Pleasant Elementary School, 1035 Dumbarton Road, Glen Burnie
- Wednesday, December 22, 2021
- Waugh Chapel Elementary School, 840 Sunflower Drive, Odenton.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave formal approval to administer the vaccines on November 2. Children ages 5 to 11 will require two shots three weeks apart to be fully vaccinated. Second doses will be administered at the same schools as first doses, and families of children who receive first doses will receive reminders from the Department of Health to schedule the second doses.
All children must be accompanied by an adult at the vaccine site.